From the rock powerhouse Skillet that brought you musical hits like Monster, Hero, and Comatose, comes the brand new album Rise.
This new album brings to the table a plethora of new sounds and lots of old favorites, so buckle up. Haters gonna hate? Well TOO BAD THEY’RE STILL POPULAR!
Admit it, you kinda read this in a “movie-trailer-esque” voice . Well, that’s kinda what John Cooper, the lead singer, seems to be aspiring to with his raspy vocals and songs full of extreme emotion. Skillet is a favorite of mine if not for their vocals, then their instrumentals. Very solid and consistent sound throughout.
The album as a whole was pretty good, even if I thought a few songs were repetitive. A few of the top tracks were:
- Sick of It–New punk rebel anthem?
- Not Gonna Die–I foresee this becoming a movie soundtrack later on
- Circus for a Psycho–Very goth
- Fire and Fury–Consuming love song with great harmonies
- My Religion–Fundamentalist gospel music+some great licks
So that’s pretty much it.Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, you’ve been wonderful followers, tune in again for another review. But first, before you go:
Be glad it’s not the 90’s anymore.